Sunday, December 6, 2009

Another weekend, another car ride....whatever! By Ms. Pepper

I don't know why my hyper active dad thinks that I want to abandon my warm blanket, bones and toys to go exploring California...but he does.  It is annoying and I generally don't like it.  What really chaps my ass is the fake nice, motivated tone of his voice when he says "DOES PEPPER WANT TO GO FOR A RIDE IN THE CAR?"  Then the bent over, hands on his knees....COME ON!  COME ON GIRL!  COME ON PEPPER" sends me over the top.  Honestly, it makes me want put my leash on, tie it to something high off the ground and launch myself off a ledge.  (Editor's note:  As Pepper wears a harness, this would not have the impact she thinks it would!)  Mr. Wendell, ever the sycophantic "Yes Man" wags his tail, runs around the house and generally acts like a fool.  Just for a stinkin car ride usually to no where. 

Anyways, my parents decided to take us to one of the many "Redwood State/National Parks" to go see some big trees.  Big trees.  Think about it.   We were supposed to get excited about hopping in the car just to see trees that are big.  What a waste of time.  I could have been napping...instead I was held pawstage (instead of hostage!) while my soon to be granola chomping, flannel shirt and Birkenstock wearing parents went to go see big trees!  They have been on the left coast for too long.  Thats my opinion.

Anyways, these two pictures say it all.  Mr. Wendell was shaking like a crack addict who just turned in a trash bag full of plastic bottles for rebate when he saw the trees.  Needless to say he pee'd on everyone of these big trees that he could!




Then, as if the indignity of walking around the park was not enough, my mom and dad decided that they should take pictures of me and my brother next to the trees, in my mom's arms and in my dad's arms. 

I am worried that there are more days of exploring in my future.  I am going to try to figure out how to fake heartworms.  Maybe then, they will just let me sleep in my blanket like some dog version of Ferris Bueller.

Oh yeah, I stole and chewed down to nothing Mr. Wendell's favorite bone after his stupid "Paws Up" sign off last time.  May he get a lump of cat poop for Christmas.

Feeling Surly....

Pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment