Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I went for another ride in the car...Mr. Wendell


Cheerio folks!  Here I am behind the wheel of Benson.  Benson you ask?  That is the stupid name my dad gave to his car.  He thought the it needed a name and since Land Rovers were British, that it should be named a good sturdy English name. 


I was on the way down to see my Pomeranian cousin, Syrus (we call him King Syrus) for Thanksgiving.  Syrus was in good health and a holiday mood.  I was not in such a great mood.  My dad must have been drinking a little sweet potatoe wine when he programmed the GPS.  What should have taken about 2 hours took about four and a half.  Four and a half hours with my sister, dad, mom and my human sister Cassie and her boyfriend was not a lot of fun.  Anyways, we had a great visit with King Syrus, had a bit of turkey and got to stay in an overpriced hotel.

Speaking of my human sister.  She and her boyfriend came to visit over the holiday weekend.  It was good to see them. We did a bunch of cool things.  We took them to the Golden Gate Bridge, took a double decker bus tour, ate at a few restuarants, toured the city and  went to a musical down at the Orpheum theater called Wicked.  They liked San Francisco!


While on the Golden Gate Bridge, we saw this sign.  Now, I am not a psychiatrist, but I really wonder if this sign has ever done anything more than make people laugh and take pictures of it. 

Imagine...you are at the end of your rope.  Dispondent.  Irrational.  Ready to take yourself off the high diving board called the Golden Gate Bridge.  You come across this sign.  "The consequences of jumping off this bridge are fatal and tragic."  If I was in the mood to take the plunge, reading this sign would be encouragement.  Awesome, I came here to get the job done and this sign is almost a guarantee!

Paws up!

Wendell

No comments:

Post a Comment