Sunday, October 18, 2009

I am NOT food...by Pepper


What is it with you street people here?


I am not talking about your appearance, where and how you live, your constant talking to yourself and all of the odd little messes you make around the city. I am not judging that here.


What I really want to know is: "What is your fixation on telling me and my brother that we will end up as food if we stray into certain areas of town?".


Two weeks ago my brother told you about the guy who warned us that Wendell and I would end up in sweet and sour soup if we got lost in China town.


Yesterday, one of your down and out club members saw us walking. He turned, looked directly at me, squinted and issued another "you will end up as food" warning. Clear as a bell, no stutter, no slur...this guy believed what he said.


"Be careful. If you go to China town, they will chop you up in little pieces and fry you up in an egg roll".


My dad pulled the leashes tight because I started barking. I was seriously thinking about going "pit-chihuahua" on his ass. Mr. Wendell laughed and said he loves egg rolls. Tail wagging idiot...I am hoping that he did not realize this guy was talking about us. The alternative explanation is too depressing.
Two encounters with homeless people and two warnings that I will end up as Kung-pow.

Now, I am really worried every time my mom says it is time to "Wok the dog"...

No comments:

Post a Comment