Saturday, October 10, 2009

My new life...and my sister the scaredy cat...by Mr. Wendell



My sister and I have been city dogs for a week now. I am loving city life.


There are so many sights and sounds here that I did not know even existed. Every walk, even a walk down the same sidewalk I went down yesterday, presents a new experience. The smells are a veritable pot pourri of stuff dogs like! Food, people, pee (everywhere), garbage...you name it. Sometimes, there are smells that my mom and dad make a big deal about. I have to tell you, there must be some BIIIIIIIG dogs here whose owners don't pick up after themselves. My mom and dad seem to think that dogs are not making the messes, but I think so.


Here is my walk...starting with a picture of my sister in the elevator...carrying on about the fact that we have to ride in this box that goes up and down. She should be happier than she is. We could still be in Seattle in the rain.



Then, this is what I think my parents call "our" back yard. I think it is where they go when they are feeling lazy and don't want to take us to the park to "take care of business" like other dogs get to do.



On Monday night, there was a man standing in front of a building a few blocks away from us. He had a brown bag in his hands and it looked like he had just left SafeWay because he had a shopping cart. Though he must have drank all of his soda on the way home, because he had s bunch of empty soda bottles in the cart. He wobbled, then smiled at me and my sister and gave us some "just moved to the city" advice.


"Stay out of China-Town...I hear people make soup out of good tender looking puppies like you there!"


(TRUE STORY BY THE WAY...the EDitor) I looked at Pepper and told her they would not use me for soup because they only want sour dogs like her for the sweet and sour soup! She growled at me and then at the man. My mom and dad seemed to pick up speed as they walked away.


My dad, who is always helping people, offered the guy some career advice..."Get a job!". My dad is such a role model.


When my mom and dad take us on a long walk, they take us through some cool parks and buildings that they call Civic Center. There are a bunch of old buildings...City Hall, a few museums, a place where fat ladies sing for money and a theater or two. Here is a picture of City Hall. My sister and I like it here because there is a lot of grass to run on.






Well, thats my walk. So far, I am having a great time. Pepper is still walking around with her ears pinned back. Hopefully, she will learn to like it here like me, my mom and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home