Sunday, November 22, 2009

A ride in the car...Ms. Pepper and Mr. Wendell




Saturday, my mom and dad took us for a ride in the car.  Usually this means we are going to visit the vet, so we were a little nervous and annoyed.  I mean who wants to deal with a rectal thermometer, muzzles and yappy little misbreeds like Yorkie-doodles.  Yorkie-doodles?  They are dog breeding science fair experiments gone bad, in my opinion.  Give me a break.

My dad took us over the Golden Gate Bridge and into what they call the Marin Headlands.  The Marin Headlands, I guess, are part of the Golden Gate National Park.  It is a beautiful, commercially undeveloped area of land about 7 miles from downtown San Francisco featuring spectacular bay and ocean views.  My sister and I were amazed that even though we were so close to downtown there were hardly any cars.  There are some buildings as the US Government during World War II decided that they wanted to fortify the west coast after Pearl Harbor.

Here are a couple pictures of the area...




My mom and dad took us for a walk around the beach area and up through some of the hills.  It was a fun walk.  At least I thought so.  There were hardly any people, a cool little trail and plenty of things to pee on!

You can see that my sister, the always adventurous Miss Pepper, was not happy with the clean air, sun and scenery.  She is never happy.  She needs a pet therapist...or pet exorcist...or a good whack on the butt with a rolled up Wall Street Journal.



(Miss Pepper...in my defense, I was bundled in a warm blanket, enjoying the sun coming in the window when my chocalate dipped expresso bean chomping excuse for a father decides he needed "family time".  Dad, next time you want to enjoy family time leave me out of it.)

Mr Wendell.  Oh yeah, my dad is signed up for yet another Ironman.  He is scheduled for an Ironman Lousville Rematch in August of 2010.  Pepper says he is eating too much pizza and other things and will not be in shape for it.  She is so supportive.

Finally, Pep and I want to give a shout out to Aunt Nola!  We miss you a lot.  My mom and dad said that maybe we can have you come stay with us for a few days next year when they go for thier annual gambling binge in Las Vegas.  Part work, fun and part visit your old friends! 

Two paws up!  Mr. Wendell!



No comments:

Post a Comment