Sunday, January 17, 2010

Duck Breast and Sweet Potatoes...

Mr, Wendell and Pepper's dad here. 

Do me a favor.  Stand up, walk over to your snack cupboard and count the bags of pretzels, potatoe chips, cans of nuts, crackers and whatever else you may enjoy nibbling on between meals.  I will bet you five dollars that Mr. Wendell and Pepper's snack cupboard has more "quantity", more choices and probably a higher nutritional class of options inside.

Let us take a peek in Pepper and Wendell's Snack Bin. 


Dried Duck Breast, Sweet Potatoe Chips, Turkey Treats, Pupperoni, Newman's own Turkey and Sweet Potatoe Treats, Snausages and T-Bonz.  There are Milkbones and something called "Veggie Life Vitality" that boasts of containing Flaxseed (Flaxseed for Pete's sake!), bananas and chicken. 

Vitality is low in fat, a great source of vitamins, digestible (good thing!), good for the eyes, skin and coat.  No fillers, no wheat, no salt, no hormones, no artificial colors, no by products, no antibiotics, no sugar and absolutley no articficial flavors.  Humans should have it so good.

This does not include thier favorite two treats...First, my love for beef jerky takes a second seat to Mr. Wendell and Peppers' taste for the stuff.  I get admonished by Christine when I reach into the bag of beef jerky and grab a piece.  "That is for Mr. Wendell and Pepper" she bellows out whenever she hears me rustling.  I usually respond with "Give me a &*#E%$^  break!"   This is usually followed by "I am the one who originally started eating beef jerky here...these little poop heads are not going to first dibs on my beef jerky."  "Feed them the &$#*&$-ing  duck breast!!!!"    Even when I win this argument with Christine, I lose...both the argument and the beef jerky!

The other favorite treat is Pepper's bedtime snack...






Pepper will whine, cry, beg and throw a fit until Christine throws a handful of these in her direction.

Did you go to your snack bin yet?  Send me the five spot if I am right...Mr. Wendell and Pepper have it made!  Or come on over and we can crucnh some Vitality together!

No comments:

Post a Comment