Sunday, January 31, 2010

Evil comes in a can...by a very distressed Pepper

Nothing good to eat ever comes in a can. 

Exhibit A:













Need more evidence?













Get my drift?  Canned food typically sucks.  So, you can clearly understand my dismay and, yes horror when my mom decided to take off her Head Dog Chef apron today and serve us food from a can. 

I did not recognize the noise when I heard it.  Sort of a metal on metal sound, a hollow grinding noise, a couple of clunks and then a snap.  Then, there was a sucking, vacuum-ish plunk as she tipped the can upside down and plopped some gellatin-like slop into our metal bowls. 

"Kiddies........" 

"Ohhhhhhhhhh  Kiddies, it is dinner time...come and get it!!!!" my mom sang out.  You would have thought she was the head chef at a Michelin Five Star restuarant saying "Bon Appetit" as she served us various unidentified beef and chicken parts.

My brother and I ran out with all of the hopes for a nice Sunday dinner our little brains could envision.  My sycophantic brother wagged and went to town on his bowl.  Me?  I looked at the bowl as if my mom had decided to serve cow butts on a stick...which was probably the main ingredient in this meal. 

There is no way I am going to eat this slop.  I don't care if it is fortified with essential vitamins and minerals to keep me strong.  Give me some fresh, free range chicken or grass fed beef...this stuff is not suitable for consumption.

Day One of my hunger strike starts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment