Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A 140.6 Mile Trip Before The Trip...




In a week, we will be making a detour to Louisville, Kentucky to participate in my 8th full Ironman. 140.6 miles...2.4M Swim, 112M Bike and a 26.2M Run. I am as ready as I have ever been for an Ironman. My bike leg is strong and I am running well. I feel good about the race.
You can track me on race day by going to http://www.ironman.com/ and plug my last name in. If you want to learn more about the actual race go to http://www.ironmanlouisville.com/. This race could be a bit tricky. The average temperature in Louisville on August 31st is 83 degrees. However, being the dog days of summer are here, it could reach into the 90s. Humidity is also a another potential competitor. Lucky for me, I seem to do pretty well in warmer weather and am actually hoping that it gets a little sticky...but not too sticky! An additional fun factor is that Louisville is not all that flat. There are lot of rolling hills. That will add some pain.
I have had a good nine months of training since my last race. The last 60 days in particular have been solid. Anything can happen on race day, but I feel good about my prep.
More on the trip in a few days!







No comments:

Post a Comment