Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Countdown Begins...

Pepper and I's big adventure will begin in about 30 days!!!

My mom and dad got the bright idea that we were going to rent something called a "Winnebago" and "Go for A Ride". I love going for a ride as much as the next dog...as long as it is not to that scary place where they stick the thermometer in my keester and cut my nails...but I have to tell you, I am a little nervous about this one.

Hold on a minute, I have to scratch my ear...

It seems that my mom and dad want to go hit all of the cheesy tourist traps in the Western U.S.: The biggest ball of string, The worlds largest shoe collection. As well as some cool places like: The Grand Canyon. Sequoia National Park (I cannot wait to lift my leg on one of those bad-boys), Napa and the Hoover Dam.

They figured the best way to do this was to load me and my sister Pepper into the "Winnebago" and drive to all of these places. My dad decided he wanted to stop in Vegas as well. Great idea dad. I wonder how your pals at your weekly Gamblers Anonymous meeting will greet you after you have spent all of your 401K on blackjack...again.

My Grandma and Grandpa have decided to come with us. I love those guys. When they are around, I get away with all kinds of stuff. Having them around to buy me treats and scratch my belly is always good.

My OCD mom and dad have put together something called a spreadsheet that has each of the stops, the mileage down to the tenth of a mile, costs of everything and other details that are sure to take all of the spontaneity and fun out of the whole thing.

Knowing my dad, he has figured out how to sync the schedule up to a marathon. Of course, he will act as surprised as he can fake when he announces that there just happens to be a marathon at one of the locations (after we are already there)...everyone will see right through it. He is not fooling anybody. I will fix him by chewing his running shoes if he even hints at something like that.

Anyways, I will keep you all posted as the trip gets closer. Time for a nap.

Mr. Wendell

No comments:

Post a Comment