Monday, September 7, 2009

48 Hours To Go...by Mr. Wendell

It has been a bundle of activity at my house the last 24 hours. Final supplies being purchased, routes for the trip being checked and rechecked and all other sorts of obsessive compulsive preparation. From the looks of things, you would think we were launching a space expedition to Mars.

Yesterday, I was shoulder surfing my dad while he was looking for "things to do" in each of the cities we are going to be visiting. Below, I have included a few of the gems that I am worried that Pepper and I are going to have to endure, zipped up and trapped in the dog stroller unable to escape.

Check this out...

"The Montana Museum of Irrigated Agriculture" Imagine the sheer excitement and thrills as you stroll through stunning reenactments of the first irrigation ditch being dug! Picture the fun as you watch the evolution of the water bucket in full 3D splendor. It makes me pant with excitement. I cannot wait to buy the t-shirt.


Believe it or not, 16th on the list of things to do on one of the main Cheyenne, Wyoming tourist websites is a visit to "Applebees". Applebees!!!!

Applebees as a tourist destination? Whoa. And, this destination Applebees was given a "One Star" rating on the site. I cannot wait to strap on my camera, binoculars and hiking boots and make my way over a few speed bumps to sample mini cheeseburgers and fries. My grandchilden will be trading stories for decades to come about the ice cream sundae buffet bar at the Applebees in Cheyenne. Maybe I can etch my name in a booth or something for others to see..."Mr. Wendell was here!". I may leave them a little souvenir myself.

And finally, just in case that was not enough fun... A museum celebrating dentistry!

The dentist drill display promises to be the most singularly thrilling exhibit in the world. Reportedly, they used to have a drill demonstration exhibit, but after an unfortunate accident involving a six year old and his three year old sister they removed it.

I am so not ready for all this fun.

Mr. W

No comments:

Post a Comment