Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Carmel Valley, CA and a few days break from the road...Mr Wendell

We have pulled to the side of the road for a few days.

My grandmother is visting her sister and her husband in beautiful Carmel Valley, CA. We are camped out in some pretty sweet digs. My Great Aunt's furry kids...King Syrus and Miss Tracy are living pretty large in a custom designed, beautiful canyon home 15 minutes from Carmel, CA. My great aunt and uncle have been awesome hosts...

I will post some pics and some other stuff sometime in the next 48 hours. My dad is not able to get a signal on his cell phone to transfer pictures today, so it will have to wait for a few days.

We have traveled 3,500 miles so far...we have about 1,000 to go before Sunday.

I guess I can give a three bark cheer for a few of the things we have observed on the trip...

First off, the KOA system is really good. Every one of them have been hosted by friendly people. All of them have been clean. With the exception of the Circus Circus KOA, the folks that hang out in them seem to be a mix of foreign people seeing the country, senior citizens enjoying retirement or folks that seem to be permanent RV travelers in big expensive tour busses. My mom and dad think that if they need to travel again and cannot find hotels that don't take me and my sister that they will stay in KOAs instead.

Secondly, though my sister has complained about the Cruise America RV, it has been a good home for the last two weeks. It is plenty large enough for four adults, everything works and it is pretty easy to drive.

Finally, it is amazing how many miles of great roads that are out there...even in the most remote of places.

Anyways, I think I smell my dinner...gotta go!

Wendell.

1 comment:

  1. If you are in Carmel you should have your relatives show you the Hogs Breath Inn. This is owned by Clint Eastwood and sometimes he shows up. It is much larger and more posh than it's humble beginnings... which I liked much better.. it was cozy and cool. And don't forget the Aquarium in Monterey on Cannery Row. That's where I learned to dive.. right out among the Otter.

    ReplyDelete