Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 2




My brother exaggerates. I submit photo "Exhibit A" as evidence that I am perfectly happy and well adjusted in my new mobile residence. By the way, the RV is more like an airport shuttle bus than it is a moving van. Here I am being a shoulder mounted GPS. Do I look stressed at all?


The first stop on our version of the Griswold Family Vacation was Couer D'Lene, Idaho. CDA is a beautiful little town about 30 miles east of Spokane. It features one the prettiest lakes you can imagine surrounded by mountainous terrain. It has a cool little downtown filled with shops.

We spent a few hours at Lake Couer D'Lene Park (NO DOGS ALLOWED!!! What the heck?). There we walked part of the lake and spent time in the park.





Wow. Beautiful. My dad wanted me to interject that Lake CDA features one of the North American Ironman races and that there was someone in the water obviously training for a triathlon. Big whoop. I will delete this paragraph later when he is not looking.

We spent the night in Deer Lodge, Montana. Deer Lodge reportedly has 22 acres of museum floor space. We are planning on hitting the Old Prison Museum. Seriously. Check it out here...

Old Prison Museum


My dad took a run this morning. Reportedly several pick-up trucks slowed down, the drivers (they all looked like this guy...)




rubbernecking at the guy running out in the middle of no where.



"What is that guy doing Bill?"
"Not sure, Joe...it looks like running."
"What is he running from, see anything chasing him? Bears? Cops?"
"Nope. Must be one of those west coast fitness freaks they talk about."
"Got a light?"
"Hold on, let me put my beer down."



I will have pics from the prison museum of Deer Lodge Montana later.

Pep

2 comments:

  1. Any good margaritas yet? Hope your having a great time. Missed you Saturday, Be safe

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda. No Margaritas yet. No Red Robins spotted either : ((

    Thanks...we missed hanging out yesterday.

    ReplyDelete